This policy explains:
- Types of Information Collected
- Protection of your Personal Information
- Access to your Personal Information
- Denial of Access to Personal Information
- Specific Types of Sites and Services
- How to Contact Us
(1) TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
TLJ's website does not collect any personal information about visitors to this site other than that which is specifically and knowingly provided by you (e.g. employment form). Any such personal information will not be transferred to any third party unless otherwise stated at the time of collection.
We collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. As far as possible, we collect your personal information directly from you.
We do collect and maintain statistics relating to the number of visits to the website, the types of browsers and operating systems used and the internet protocol address of the originator. This information is used only for the purpose of monitoring users of our website in order to provide an effective and user-friendly website. No attempt is made to correlate these details with personal information that an individual submits voluntarily.
(2) PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
TLJ maintains physical, procedural and technical safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal information reasonably sufficient to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your personal information. TLJ restricts access to personal information to only those employees and third parties who have a need to know the personal information.
We will keep your personal information for only as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes we have identified or as required by law.
Under certain circumstances, we will disclose your personal information. Examples of when your personal information may be disclosed is:
- if required or authorized by law to do so;
- if necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual or the public;
- if the information is already publicly known; or
- if you have otherwise consented to the disclosure.
In each case, we ensure that any third parties to whom we disclose personal information adhere to privacy policies at least as stringent as ours.
We do not disclose or sell your personal information to any third party for any marketing purpose.
You have the right to request a correction of the personal information that we hold about you and request that you please inform us of any changes to your information so that we may make any necessary changes.
(3) ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to the personal information we have about you. The request must be in writing and directed to TLJ’s Privacy Officer. We may charge a reasonable fee for retrieval and copying of your personal information. If the retrieval or copying related to your request is extensive, we will notify you of the fee prior to proceedings.
(4) DENIAL OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute.
We may deny access when:
- required or authorized by law;
- granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on another person's privacy;
- to protect TLJ's rights and property.
- the request is frivolous or vexatious.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct personal information, we will explain why.
(6) CONTACTING US
Please contact our Privacy Officer at the address below if you:
- wish to access your personal information;
- wish to change your consent regarding the manner in which we collect, use and disclose your personal information as outlined in the above Privacy Statement; or
- have concerns about our privacy policies or how we have handled your personal information.
If you access and use this website (the "Site") you accept and agree to be bound and comply with the terms and conditions (the "Terms") as set out below. If you do not accept the Terms, do not use the Site.
This Site is operated by TLJ Engineering Consultants Ltd. ("TLJ") for your own lawful personal information, education and communication. The services offered through the Site are offered by TLJ, its employees or agents. You are granted permission to download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only provided that you also retain all the copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video without the permission of TLJ.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- When viewing this Site you should assume that everything you see or read is protected by copyright unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided by the Terms or without the written permission of TLJ. TLJ does not warrant or represent that the use of the materials displayed on this Site will not infringe the rights of third parties.
- Although TLJ uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, it makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. As such, it assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site. Any information contained on the Site may be changed or up-dated without notice. Further, TLJ may also make improvements or changes in the products, services and programs displayed and described within the Site and within in this information at any time without notice.
- Any use of or browsing of the Site is solely at your own risk and as such, TLJ, nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering this Site, is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to use of this Site. Further, without limiting the foregoing, everything provided on this Site to you is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. TLJ assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to or virus that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of or browsing of the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
- Any transmitted communication and material to the Site by yourself through electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or any other communication will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Therefore, your transmission or communication may be used by TLJ for any purpose which may include, but is not limited to, the production, disclosure, translation, publication, broadcast and posting. Further, TLJ is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that may be contained in such communication that you may send to the Site for any purposes whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using the information without the acknowledgment or obligation of compensation to you.
- Any image of a person or place displayed upon the Site are either the property of or used with the permission of TLJ. As such, the use of these images by you or anyone authorized by you is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms or by specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright, trade-mark or the laws of privacy and the regulations and statutes to such laws.
- Any trade-marks, logos or services marks (the "Trade-marks") displayed on the Site are for the exclusive use of TLJ. Such Trade-marks may be registered, as indicated, or unregistered and nothing contained on the Site shall be construed as granting, implied or explicit, any licence or right of use of the Trade-marks displayed without the written permission of TLJ or the Trade-mark's owner.
- The content of any other Site linked to the Site have been developed by parties other than TLJ. As such, TLJ is not responsible for their content and is not acting as a publisher or a disseminator of the material contained on other sites. The linking and book-marking to any other off-site pages from the Site is explicitly at your own risk. Further, TLJ is not liable for any virus, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature which may damage your personal computer. In no event shall TLJ be liable to any party for direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any use of the Site or any other hyperlinked website including, but not limited to, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information handling system or otherwise even if TLJ is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
- TLJ may provide certain forms and information for downloading from the Site from time to time as a service to its customers for their personal use exclusively. Permission is granted to customers to download these materials in relation to TLJ products, providing that the materials are not modified and that all copyright and other proprietary notices contained within those materials are retained. Any other use of those materials is strictly prohibited.
- Certain downloadable files from this Site may be the property of third parties other than TLJ. Such files will be identified accordingly and TLJ supplies these files to its customers as a service within the scopes and rights as described above in this Section 8. At no time does the third party owner or TLJ grant any proprietary right or license to use those files. A license or right to use of these files can only be given by the owners or vendors of those files and any person who copies or otherwise uses those files shall be personally responsible for complying with the terms and conditions of use which may be established by such owner or vendor.
- The laws of the Province of Alberta and the laws of Canada are applicable therein and govern the interpretation and effect of this agreement.
- TLJ may at any time revise the Terms by up-dated this posting. As such, you are bound by such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current terms which you are bound by.